We have compiled a list of answers to frequently asked questions.
Q: Why do my light bulbs keep burning out?
There are several things that can cause this problem. First, the quality of the bulb could be an issue, or vibration from a washer or dryer can cause the filament to break down more rapidly, thus burning out the bulb. Also, bulbs exceeding fixture wattage rates will cause too much heat within the fixture, burning a bulb out prematurely, causing damage to the fixture and raising the potential for fire.
Q: Can I install a remote in an old ceiling fan?
The answer is yes you can; however, we do not recommend it. Once the fan is taken down there is no guarantee that it will work the way it did prior to the retrofitting. We recommend that you purchase a new fan with a remote, which we can install for you.
Q: My outlets aren’t working. Is that a problem?
Yes, it is a problem and it can be serious. The circuit could be compromised causing a short and the potential for fire, due to faulty receptacles or wiring terminations. Let our electricians identify potential problems in our electrical safety inspection before it is too late.
Q: Why does my breaker keep tripping in the bathroom?
First, the circuit could be rated 15 amps equating to 1800 watts total, which could be a problem because most of the new hair dryers manufactured today are over 1800 watts. You may also have a faulty GFCI device.
Q: I am experiencing partial power outage in part of my home. I’ve checked the breakers and everything is okay, so, what is wrong?
If you have an underground service, one possibility is a break in the line coming from the street. We call that a loss of one or more service leg(s). Your house meter or breaker box equipment may also be faulty.
If you don’t see you question answered here, give us a call. We are happy to answer any questions you may have.